“I feel like I’m part of a very powerful group of people who want to listen to me and share insights with me."
~ Christine Searle, Searle Business Solutions, Accounting
- Peer to peer networking for brainstorming, mentoring and collaboration: Membership limited to five women per industry
- Excellent speakers at each meeting addressing a variety of topics of special interest to business owners. Speakers have included Tara Palacios, Director of BizLaunch for Arlington Economic Development; County Business Ombudsman Shannon Falangan-Watson, Ted Bilich of Risk Alternatives; Wealth Management Expert Scott Greenberg; Employment and Trademark Attorney Rebecca Geller; Branding Guru Jennefer Witter; and Public Speaking Expert Jan Fox.
- Much-needed social time to share the unique challenges and joys we all experience as women business owners
- A member-only list of all AWE members
- Weekly interviews with women business owners on AWE Radio;
- Accountability/Mastermind Groups: Small groups of five or six entrepreneurs and a facilitator set goals for growth and meet monthly for six month sessions
- Opportunities for service: As a group, AWE supports several Arlington nonprofits and invites all members to get involved and give back
- AWE’s website and private Facebook Group page: Excellent resources for sharing information about entrepreneurship in general and AWE businesses in particular, as well as upcoming events, good news and success stories
“The friendships and connections have been the MOST important thing, that fellowship with other women who are building and thriving in their businesses is inspiring and amazing!”
~ C Lee Cawley, Simplify You, Professional Organizing